Sunday, March 27, 2016

Simplicity 8101

I couldn't resist Simplicity 8101 when I saw it. I knew that Olive needed a couple and when I asked my niece, who was visiting, if she wanted one she she said "Yes please! In pink!".
I used quilting cotton for all of it, including the bias binding. 
I had a quick look at the instructions and then kind of followed them and kind of did things my own way. I cut a size 3 which fit both girls (they are 3 1/2) but I probably should have cut a size 4 so it fits for longer. The arms seemed a little tight so I made them a bit bigger (all I had to do was sew the side seam a bit shorter).
This has gone home with my happy niece and Olive is just choosing some fabric for hers. 
           

                    

4 comments:

bec said...

Such a great style- will look great with leggings and long sleeve tops underneath for winter, too! The adult version is so comfy, I can only imagine how this will feel!

Unknown said...

So cute! We'd love to pin it to our Dottie Angel board on Pinterest. Thanks for writing about it and for the photos. :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling and I love the pocket detail. I have an adult Dottie Angel pattern and I do hope to make it, one day!

Jodie said...

Very Cute Kate... xx