Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Sewing for Milly and Olive

There has been a lot of quilt sewing lately, but I have managed a few a couple of the girls over the last few weeks.
First up was a jumpsuit for Milly.
This is the Satya Romper, it's a great pattern for older girls, it has no frills and she likes the pockets on the front. I didn't get a picture of the back, but it is a little loose so I'd make the elastic a little tighter and the straps a little shorter next time. I uses some plaid seersucker from spotlight which I did not even attempt to match, but I don't think anyone other than a sewer would notice.
Second was some new shorts from Olive.
These are the Fawn Shorts by Violette Field Threads. These are very cute and not hard to make. Great for summer and also for winter with tights underneath.
Third was a blouse for Olive.
This is Burda 9491 in some Cloud 9 voile from Spotlight. i love this pattern and how you make the pin tuck section first and then cut out the pattern pieces from it. I did have some problem fitting the front pieces together, but it was probably me and my at times lazy approach to seam width.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Cute!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky girls. I love seersucker.

Sue Rostron said...

Gorgeous girls and gorgeous sewing...