Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Wiksten Tank

As usual I am always late to the party - this time it is the Wiksten Tank party.
I looked at the weather forecast at the start of this week and decided I needed some loose fitting cool tops for the hot weather.  I wasn't sure weather to go with the Tiny Pocket Tank or the Wiksten so I asked Instagram and the winner for my figure was the Wiksten.

I knew I would need to do an fba and after fitting the pattern to me I thought I would need a little more coverage at the armhole so I did an fba like this from Fit for Real People.
I used some rayon from Spotlight that was on special last week. Unlike some of the rayon I have bought there this was lovely to sew, not shifty at all.
It is currently 37 and this top is perfect.  I still want to try the Kate top and Datura, but I'm sure I'll be making more of these.

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh good...no shifty shit! LOL As always, stylish! I think even the chickens are impressed.

Jane said...

Looks great! Sure had been tank weather, and more to come....

miss k said...

Hi, The tank looks great. I have been looking at this pattern for ages but as a new sewer and not that sure of fabric/pattern matches do you think this tank would look all right sewn with cotton such as printed cotton or lawn from Spotlight.

Thanking you in advance.

I was introduced to your blog last night and I think you are now my newest favorite!!

Kate said...

Thanks Miss K! I think it would be fine with lawn or voile, it just won't have quite as much drape as the rayon does. I have some voile and lawn sitting here waiting to become more Wiksten tanks!