Saturday, August 01, 2015

Steam Punk Quilt Top

I've finished my Steam Punk quilt top!
I have really enjoyed every part of making this quilt. The templates from Amitie were easy to use and the curves were easy to machine sew. I even enjoyed hand appliquéing the circles. 
 It took me a while to choose a sashing and I eventually went with this black and white cross fabric. I thought about cutting the fabric so the crosses were exactly in the middle of each sashing piece for about two seconds and decided that I didn't have the patience so the crosses are a little higgledy piggledy.
In the perfect world I would hand quilt it, but I know that will never get done so I just have to decide how to machine quilt it.

5 comments:

Sew Surprising said...

I was oohing and aahhing as love the scrappy look but the words curve and hand sewing have tripped me up hahahaah Love yours though and I think the + look great :)

Chookyblue...... said...

steam punk looks fantastic......love it........

Abby and Stephanie said...

Such great fabrics and the black cross fabric really frames it nicely. Love this.

ipatchandquilt said...

Woweee!!! Gorgeousness!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Annie said...

It looks great Kate