Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Gillian Wrap Dress.

I love my Jenna Cardi I made earlier this year so it was inevitable that I was going to make the Gillian wrap dress. I had some fabric ready to cut out the dress, but decided I really needed something different to my usual t-shirts to wear with jeans so I decided to make a top. I used some nice soft stretch fabric I bought recently from Textile Traders. 


I read the instructions before I started and the instructions for the band made absolutely no sense, I re-read them and then read every review I could and they basically said 'don't think too much, just follow the instructions'. This is definitely the best advice and it is a really clever way of making the hole for the tie to go through.
I love this top, I love the yokes at the front and back (and how the gathers mean I didn't have to do a fba), the ties are the perfect length, the wrap sits nicely and it fits perfectly. I'm sure I'll be making a dress soon.

3 comments:

Jane said...

That is such a good look on you! Love that colour too.

Andie W. said...

This looks great on you! I love the colour! :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Flattering and a great color, especially with your hair and jeans! :o)