Sunday, May 24, 2015

Jenny Bag

After making a pouch with some leather scraps yesterday I thought I'd use a few more scraps to make a bag. This is the Jenny Bag from I Think Sew.
I used Heather Ross Far Far Away linen blend for the main part of the bag and some Stamped by Ellen Luckett Baker for the strap. The pattern called for an O ring for the strap. I didn't have any but found some of these wooden rings so I used one of them instead.
 The leather scraps were quite thin and a bit stretchy so they were quite tricky to sew, especially the top stitching. I did use a Teflon foot, but I think it might be worth trying a leather foot if I was going to do a lot of leather sewing.
 This is a great bag pattern and the only change I made was to shorten the length of the strap a bit. I have already used it today and I can see it getting a lot of use.

No comments: