Sunday, August 31, 2014

Mittens and a Winner!

Bronwyn you are the winner of the calendar! Please email me your address so I can get it to you.
 

The three big girls have been amazing the last 6 weeks. They have helped cook, clean and look after me and their little sister. They all came in asking for fingerless gloves last week and I knew it would be a great thank you present (to go with the extra pocket money and iTunes downloads I have bribed them with).
I showed them the Abra Alba pattern and the gloves I made for myself last year which they loved. So they all searched through my scraps of wool and chose colours.
These are a great pattern, perfect for a first glove pattern and you can easily get a glove done in a night. More details on Ravelry.



4 comments:

antique quilter said...

they are so cute, and I bet they love them!
now maybe they will want to learn to make them too?
Kathie

Annie said...

They are just beautiful...what good girls you have. Hope you're up and about soon.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations to you winner. She's sure to love the calendar. October and June are the best months. :o) I love the scalloped pattern on the gloves. How nice to have helpful girls. Does Olive get a pair???

eva said...

half a dozen hands.....
how lovely....
xo
eva - the other one,