Sunday, August 11, 2013

Navy Smock

I don't think the girls could ever have enough smock dresses in their cupboard especially ones with pockets. Luckily Grace agrees.
The pattern is from this Japanese book. ISBN: 978-4-529-04894-1.
 
I used some of the cotton I bought in Bali which has a beautiful feel to it. Almost silk like.

 This ribbon came from an Etsy bargain a while ago. I think I got 5m for a couple of dollars. I added some to the pockets as I put them in and some to the top of the front and back before it was hemmed.


The sun came out this morning so we could take a few pictures and then sit and enjoy it after the week of rain and cold.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

The sun came out here today too, although no cute kids to model frocks for me. I especially love the pockets- all frocks should have pockets.

Christine said...

adorable! I love the trim.

Anonymous said...

I also agree, especially if they are as cute as this one :-)
I do love the trim and the pockets but the fabric must feel amazing as well ...