Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baking

There has been less sewing and more baking around here the last few days. I think it has been the change in the weather. Finally a few cool days so I didn't mind having the oven on during the day.

- Lots of tomato pasta, especially pasta with tomato, rosemary and bacon.

-Pretzels are always a winner around here. From this recipe.

-More experimenting with no knead sour dough bread. There was a complete disaster a few weeks ago, but I have nearly found something that works for me.

-Chocolate Mint Brownie from the current Delicious magazine. (One of the yummiest things I have EVER made.

-Vanilla Bean Ice cream from Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams (love this book)

1 comment:

Margret said...

Fantastic! I've just managed to make my first few loves of sour dough and came across no knead sour dough on YouTube when I looked something up. I hope you let us know when you've got it sorted out :)