Monday, January 16, 2012

Summer

We are back from a great week in Albany with my parents, sisters, their partners, nieces and nephews. There was swimming, boogie boarding, playgrounds, food (lots of great food!) reading, dvds and unfortunately suck little girls and much vomiting. I can't believe how fast these summer holidays are going, school is not far away.
After a week without sewing meant I really needed to get something done last night. I am joining in the Made in Cherry quilt along. I am making a small scale version which will be about 32 inches across.
Craft withdrawal last week also made me commit to the Swoon-along, although I have not thought this through at all and it could take a while and Jodie started a rag-rug-along. I have pinned a few lovely rug tutorials, I think it is time to have a go at one.

2 comments:

bec said...

oooh, snap! I may do the Swoon quilt later, as I have a terrain layer cake I have a nice pattern for. I'm doing the 'normal' size Made in Cherry- that's a lot of bloody squares! Your colours look great!

Annie said...

I'm off to school this am Kate to make sense of all the boxes I dumped in my new room on the last day - Love the look of those blocks - I'llhave a quick look before I go!