Monday, June 20, 2011

Onion 2026

I think I have a new favourite dress pattern. Onion 2026. I bought a few Onion patterns way back in 2004 when I was in Denmark and really liked them. I have made the fishermans skirt and pants (sadly now out of print) many times. I bought this dress pattern from Shop Onion. When you buy the patterns you are sent the English instructions as a pdf.
I used a grey and black stripe I bought as a remnant from Knitwit. I only had a bit over a metre so I used some black cotton/elastane from Spotlight for the sleeves and arms.
I made my usual changes to the side seams, taking it in at the waist and hips and I also adjusted the sleeves to make them more fitted. The pieces went together perfectly. I think it is great over jeans or leggings and I can see myself making more of these soon.



This top is from yet another Knitwit remnant - I used a pattern from Ottobre 2/2010.

11 comments:

sooz said...

Lovely! That bottom print is ace. Off to look at onion...

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Great Onion pattern - love the fabric you have used. Both tops look really comfortable to wear.

Nicky said...

Love that casual look you do so well!

Lurline said...

Clever Girl - lovely - hey! where's that pretty face, lol!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Jo said...

Love all the clothes you've been making!

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty Kate! I've never heard of Onion -- I'll have to google them. I love the neckline on the Onion top!

Annie said...

Love them both - you are C L E V E R

Annie said...

Love them both - you are C L E V E R

Unknown said...

I love that stripey dress! I am always nervous about horizontal stripes, but this looks so fabulous I might have to be brave and give it a try.

HeavenLee Creations said...

Love the patterns kate & the Knitwit fabric! great choice!

Sue said...

The tops both look great on you Kate. I think the bottom one is my favourite.