Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eva's Grey Cardigan

I have finished Eva's grey cardigan. I think grey it is the perfect colour for a child's cardigan, it goes perfectly with everything. I used the Cardigan Rose pattern I bought on ravelry. It is a very easy to follow pattern. I made a size 4 and fits Eva perfectly now. I used 4 balls of Moda Vera 8 ply pure wool I bought in a Spotlight sale for $1.50 each and I bought the 2 buttons locally yesterday for 20c each. So in total this cost me $8.40 (plus my time and labour). More details on ravelry.
I wasn't my intention to knit a bargain cardigan, I never intentionally knit to try and save money. I mostly knit to make something nice that I can't find in a shop as it is nearly impossible to find anything nice that is made from wool rather than acrylic.





15 comments:

Valula said...

Very cute!

Nell said...

that is just gorgeous!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Adorable!!!

Marisol, costuras varias said...

Lovely both of them: cardigan and the little girl!
Kind regards from Spain

Kris said...

It is much lovelier than anything you can buy in the shops!

Michael said...

Very very nice

Nicky said...

I'm sorry but your daughter's beautiful modelling outshines even this lovely cardie! She looks so happy - I guess you were pleased with her reaction too!

Sue said...

I think I bought the same color in that wool. The cardigan looks gorgeous and it suits Eva perfectly. I quite like gray on girls too as it can mix with quite a few colors!

Annie said...

It's just beautiful Kate, as is the little one. Makes me want to knit and I'm no knitter. Oh but I do have that knitting machine in the cupboard!!

rachelmp said...

Just love it Kate. I had a look and I wish it went up to size 6. I might have to see if I can adjust it.

Blossom said...

This is gorgeous Kate (and so is Eva!!). Wish they did adult sizes...I'd love this cardi!!

Anonymous said...

Eva s rocking some high fashion - I love it! While I love a bargain, i would also buy a knitting bag with "I'm not knitting to save money" written on it.

Naturally Carol said...

Eva looks beautiful in her new cardi. I can remember thinking that gray was the perfect colour for a little girl when my daughter, now 29, was 4. My mum wanted to knit her a cardigan and we settled for the same gray figuring it goes with pink, red, blue, black, white and so many colours so well while not taking away from a pretty dress or top underneath.

flowerpress said...

yes, beautiful, great cardie and the cutest model, I love the way she always looks like she's delighted at having her photo taken :-)

Corrie said...

ohhhhhh love it! I always love to tell my hubby how much something cost because then I can hide the $100 plus order of fabric or more that comes in:) that is great and I love that pattern, must look it up.

I loooooove when you finish something and model it and it's perfect in everyway. That fits the bill. Love it

Corrie:)