Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My oh so clever children.

The girls are learning new things every day. This week Grace has learnt to open the back gate and run as fast as she can. She has also learnt to climb on the couch and open the china cabinet and get out my Grandmother's good china while swinging from the corner of it. Grace also learnt that the tops of bbq's are very hot.
Amelia has learnt to watch and follow her sister and she has learnt to scream and scream to get her own way. They have also learnt to hide and be very quiet so I can't find them. I feel weak.
My wonderful cousin Sue sent me a quote that made me laugh - 'Raising kids is like being pecked to death by a duck'
Another dog and giraffe.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

or savaged by a wild boar...

Anonymous said...

Oh My that quote is perfect!
Have your girls been reading my blog by any chance???

Lauri said...

LOLOL!!! Love that quote!

And I'm not even looking at the dog and giraffe...really...just passed them right on by...lol!

Anonymous said...

I like that quote, it made me laugh too, only because i know it to be true!

Anonymous said...

i also have twin daughters (turning 2 next weekend) and know EXACTLY what you mean. but they're so awesome, the chaos fades from memory quickly. best to you and yours!
xoxo
p.s. love your shop!!!

Joanna said...

I think I need to put that quote on a sign and hang it by my bed. Then every night as I'm falling asleep I'll know why I'm so tired.

Anonymous said...

That quote just says it all! lmao!

jojo* - sign near my bed? I think I should tattoo it to my forehead...it would save a lot of explaining for a multitude of things!

Anonymous said...

Great quote - couldn't be any more accurate :-) And gorgeous softies!

Anonymous said...

I know everyone has said the same but that quote was very apt at the moment I read it!! Also love the new dog and giraffe - very cute :)